The past two weeks, I’ve been swamped with work from both of my jobs. On top of that, I’ve been working on a short fiction piece for the online journal 1:1000 as well as (perpetually) revising my YA dirt bike/gender novel.
I was also nominated for the Liebster Award by both ihaveabadsenseofhumor AND Delta at Rev2Point0. Thank you!
What the heck is the Liebster Award?
In essence, the Liebster Award is a chain letter for bloggers, but unlike its email counterparts, it serves a purpose: the award promotes new blogs (and therefore helps readers discover them). I know it’s a little silly, but all of my writing has been very serious lately and a lighter, sillier topic (like this) is a good change of pace. Besides, who doesn’t love the splash of confidence that accompanies an award nomination? 🙂
The rules are as follows:
Since I was nominated by two different bloggers, I’ve elected to answer six questions from each set for a total of 12. So, without further ado:
- If you could time travel to any decade in the 20th century, what would it be? The Roaring ’20s.
- If you were to invite five famous (in any sense) people to your home for dinner, who would they be? I’d either choose five authors or five WWII historical figures — I majored in English and minored in Russian/WWII history in college. I’d love to discuss books or politics/ethics, respectively.
- If you were marooned on a desert island and could only bring three books, what would they be? A Separate Peace, Into the Wild, and my Harvest Moon concept art book.
- Do you read on an e-reader or do you read physical books? Physical books, mostly.
- What is one thing that can turn a bad day around? Hearing a good song while driving. Especially on shuffle!
- What inspires you to write? Everything. Honestly! Inspiration comes in the funniest places, sometimes.
- Describe yourself using 3 words. Writer, editor, reader.
- Why did you start blogging? I wanted a push to write more often and an excuse to try nonfiction.
- Have you got any fears or phobias? Airplanes.
- Name at least one weird thing about you. Due to my general dislike of airplanes, I’ve never flown anywhere. Many people find this strange, though it doesn’t bother me one bit.
- How many languages are you able to speak? Fluently? One. Garbled bits? Three or four more.
- What is your biggest dream? Publishing that dirt bike/gender novel I mentioned earlier 🙂
Eleven Random Facts
My favorite season is summer, and I love Asian cuisine. I spend way too much time on Goodreads. I do ballroom dance. One of my essays was recently published by MTV. I love networking with other writers and bloggers. I’m a work-a-holic and I hate gender stereotypes. I like camping and hiking. I’m a chronic overthinker, and finally, chain letters make me self-conscious!
I chose the bloggers that I interact with the most, because if anyone is going to benefit from a somewhat silly award like this, I want it to be these folks. If you’re not interested and don’t do it, nothing bad will happen — I won’t curse you with five years of bad luck like those chain emails! 😉
I’ve nominated the following bloggers if, and only if, they are interested:
Your questions are as follows:
- How long have you been blogging for?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What do you do to relax?
- What’s your favorite travel destination?
- Do you prefer physical books or e-books?
- Did you ever do those chain letter emails? 😉
- What do you do when you have writer’s block?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What about your favorite genre?
- What do you prefer to write? (Fiction, poetry, personal essay, articles, etc.)
- What are you most passionate about?
Again, thanks so much to both of my nominators 🙂 This award is a great way to connect with other bloggers and create something like a community, in which we all help and support one another.
8 thoughts on “(Double?) Liebster Award”
I really enjoyed reading your answers and I look forward to answering your questions! 🙂
Pingback: Liebster Award – Breast Cancer Ballroom Dancer
Pingback: The Blogger Recognition Award – Mystery Date with a Book
Pingback: (Double?!) Blogger Recognition Award | But Why?
Well deserved. Loved your answers and some good questions 🙂 Congrats!
Thank you! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Awesome answers! Well deserved award!
Aww, thanks! 🙂