There’s a saying that things happen in threes. When it comes to this blog, though, it sure seems like good things occur in groups of two: both Johnny from sci.casual and 200 Saturdays until Paris have nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you both! 🙂
Both of these blogs are awesome, though their topics differ greatly. Sci.casual is all about science, and you know what I love? Science. Don’t let my creativity-based blog fool you — I was almost a geologist. 200 Saturdays until Paris has recently posted some great personal growth pieces that I absolutely adore; you don’t need to love Paris to relate!
I’m positively honored to have been chosen for this award by both of these kick-butt blogs.
The Tiny Print
There’s always a catch with these award. In fact, they always sound a bit like those chain emails I used to spam my friends with back in middle school (sorry, everyone). This time, the “catch” isn’t so bad: I nominate a handful of blogs to receive the award next and also share seven fun facts about myself. Easy peasy.
The “Fun” Facts
- I was, in fact, almost a geologist. I wanted to double-major in English and Earth Science, but based on the way credits were calculated, I would have had to stay an additional 2.5 years to earn both degrees. Drat!
- I’ve reviewed over 500 books on Goodreads. Mostly in one summer. Look, I was really bored at work… Check out this craziness.
- I’m not a fan of Twitter. I have a professional account linked with this blog, but I just don’t get it. Got suggestions? I’d love to hear them (help me, please).
- When I’m not writing, I’m a total geek. Manga, anime, American comics, D&D, cosplaying, video games, conventions, nose always in a book… and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
- I miss college. Honestly, school never bothered me. I actually enjoyed it. *collective gasp of horror*
- I don’t watch much TV. I can’t say I miss it all that much, either. However, I’m currently watching Futurama. No spoilers, please!!
- I love food. Everything but olives. I run to offset the ridiculous amount of food I eat.
My usual disclaimer: if you’re not into these awards, don’t do it. I’m not offended. But if you do like this sort of thing, awesome! Connecting with other bloggers — and helping them — is a fantastic way to spend time. Nominees must thank & link to the person who awarded them and then give seven facts of their own and nominate their favorite bloggers.
Congratulations to the following:
- Just a Girl and A Bike
- Mystery Date with a Book
- (Over)Analysing Literature
- Bollywood Tarjuma
- Serendipitous Bloom
- The Inquisitive Writer
- The Scribbling Writer
Again, thanks so much to both of my nominators! You rock. This award is a great way to connect with other bloggers and create a community, in which we all help and support one another. Who doesn’t love that?